Another Jim Dine Project

This is another Jim Dine project I did that was a fun one for the kids and with a very successful outcome too! I brought in several different sizes and shapes of paint brushes and had them do a detailed drawing of each. (similar to Dine's print below) I had them spend 10 + minutes on each brush and really notice all the details, especially size and shape in relation to the other brushes. This was a good project to talk a little about proportion and composition.

They had a choice to leave with only a sharpie outline or use watercolor or colored pencils. I did this project in K-6 grades and even the younger kids had good luck with it.





Supplies:


Extra fine line Sharpie


Crayola pan watercolors


Crayola colored pencils


Pencil


Eraser


Watercolor paper


Variety of paint brushes (for them to draw)





*New step by step Jim Dine lessons in my upcoming book. Check out my new website for more information! https://www.thelaughingzebra.com/











Comments